Local residents will have the opportunity to taste some of the East Yorkshire produce at the new Elloughton-cum-Brough Food & Drink Festival this Sunday 10th September at the Village Hall on Elloughton Road, Brough. Admission is free and from 10am to 3pm local producers will be selling their fayre.
The event will include over a dozen stalls offering a diverse range of food and drink. There will be craft-brewed cask ale on tap, wine from a South Cave vineyard, the delights of Goan cuisine and freshly cooked stone-baked pizzas. Fresh donuts will be on sale along with vegan and gluten-free bakery goods and a fabulous range of gourmet muffins. Award-winning pies, epicurean seafood and home-made jams will also be available and there will be a home-baking stall raising money for Parkinsons.
The event is the first of its kind in the town and is organised by the Petuaria Community Forum. Group Chairman Tony Galbraith said, “We hope to demonstrate that there is a wide range of locally sourced food and drink which is delicious, nutritious and competitively priced. It should be a great day!”
Confirmed attendees include…
- Atom Beers – www.atombeers.com
- Little Wold Vineyard – www.littlewoldvineyard.co.uk
- Jan’s Goan Cuisine
- What A Donut – Facebook Whatadonut
- Marvellous Muffins – Facebook MarvellousMuffins
- Pat’s Pizza – Facebook Pat’s Mobile Pizza
- Pam’s Jams
- Yorkshire’s Finest Hampers – Facebook Yorshire’s Finest Hampers
- The Butcher & The Baker – www.thebutcherandthebaker.co.uk
- Food By Fiona
- Blossom’s Bakery – Facebook Blossom’s Bakery Cottingham
- The Little Seahorse – www.thelittleseahorse.co.uk
There will also be a stall selling home-baked goods to raise money for a Parkinson’s charity. Elloughton-cum-Brough Scouts will be providing teas and coffees.