The Petuaria Community Forum has secured funding from East Riding of Yorkshire Council towards a series of projects which will benefit the local area. The money will come from the High Street Fund which has been established by ERYC to support projects that help to revitalise and sustain high streets and town centres through regeneration activity and increased footfall.
The PCF is keen to engage with other members of the community with the aim of providing tangible benefits and improvements within our villages. The group has received requests for help from various local organisations. With the opportunity presented by the High Street Fund the PCF has able to make a grant application. This was submitted to ERYC and has been approved.
The funding will be used to support a number of projects to benefit the local community.
- Improvements to bus shelters to complement the recent painting by the WI.
- Installation of planters around the zebra crossing area on Welton Road, Brough.
- A Hallowe’en Scarecrow Festival for local families and children at Blackburn Leisure.
- Improvements to signage highlighting local attractions.
- Development and maintenance of a website to promote local businesses and services.
At the time of the grant application the PFC has yet to ratify its constitution and complete other formalities which would are required in order to be eligible to receive funding. In order to facilitate the application, Elloughton-cum-Brough Town Council are supporting the application.